Saturday, February 18, 2006

Thing du jour

I've decided to try out a new thing in the blog, wherein I declare something or other the item of the day. The category may be of my choosing and you bet your ass it won't be daily. It'll be like adding a feature to a newspaper, except without any of the stress of journalistic integrity or a regular audience.

anyway...Moment of the Day: I was driving out of the supermarket parking lot with the window down and I hear this sort of slightly screechy blowing sound to the left. There's a man there in his 70s try to whistle to get the attention of his wife who had just stepped out of the store. Except the dude clearly cannot whistle. Mostly he just moved a lot of air and did some spitting. You'd think, at 70 yrs of age, you would either a) know how to whistle, or b) know that you can't whistle and stop trying to do it in public. Eventually he gave up and just started yelling "Hey!" and waving his hands.

No comments: