Tuesday, March 4, 2008

Mustache March

One of my friends does this thing - Mustache March. It's actually pretty self explanatory. In the month of March you grow out the hair on your upper lip. For some reason I find myself participating. This proposition is particularly exciting, or perhaps terrible, because I am more or less incapable of growing a proper mustache. Most of the time this doesn't end up mattering much since I am not really mustache inclined. But dammit, it's mustache march and we've got to do something!

Mustache watch, day 3: Stache is well on the way to skeevy. I don't have anything growing in the center, so really what we have is two little stachelets. It is also quite sparse. I expect to become more and more hermit like as the month goes on and I can't stand to be seen in public.

I've actually taken carrying a Bic razor in my bag. Just in case I can't stand it and the stache needs to be taken care of right freakin now. I'm already flirting with that point. Just as well, because with this abomination on my face I'm not flirting with anything else.

Mustache puzzler of the day: There is a style of bicycle handlebar called a "mustache handlebar," named for its resemblance to the facial adornment. There is also a type of mustache called a handlebar. Wrap your mind around that time bomb!