Saturday, July 19, 2008

NY: Second First Impressions.

Well, I'm here, and I am reminded of many things. Here are some of them.

-People still use The Club? I did not realize this.
-It is plenty possible for words to be piercingly loud and completely unintelligible at once. Subway stop call outs, for instance.
-For some reason, "No Standing" does not refer to actual standing, and these signs are NOT there to prevent the masses from loitering in the street and gumming up the works.
-It is super muggy and sticky here. Like, the kind of sticky where I can't figure out when it would make sense to shower. I could shower in the morning, but as soon as I step out the door it's going to be all wasted anyway. I could shower at night, but I'm about to sleep and I'm just going to wake up gross. I could shower in the afternoon, but that'd be stupid. So, probably I'll just wait until somebody complains about the smell.

No comments: